Have you ever met a Professional athlete?

ZandraJoi

Rookie
Oct 28, 2021
Do you know of anybody who was maybe from your hometown? Since I’m not into sports that much, I haven’t met a Pro athlete. Nobody from our small town ever has been drafted to play either. If you could pick someone to meet, who would you choose? It took me some thinking but I think I would choose someone like Mary Lou Retton. I know she’s older, but she is still an athlete. I pick her because I was a kid when she was in The Olympics doing her gymnastic routine. For a kid, it was quite exciting & I remember my friends & I trying to do cartwheels, handstands, etc.

PGen98

Still a Newbie
Staff member
Oct 9, 2021
My sister was a classmate and still is a friend of Jake Arieta, a major league pitcher (former now, think he retired). When I was young I met a few players from my hometown Bolton Wanderers Football Club, loved that, and when we moved out to the US I met a couple of the Dallas Stars hockey players. That's about it in terms of professional athletes.

Fait

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 28, 2021
My sister was a classmate and still is a friend of Jake Arieta, a major league pitcher (former now, think he retired). When I was young I met a few players from my hometown Bolton Wanderers Football Club, loved that, and when we moved out to the US I met a couple of the Dallas Stars hockey players. That's about it in terms of professional athletes.
I was friends with a few local athletes but nothing professional like the NBA professional yet.

Kyng

Still a Newbie
Dec 22, 2021
Yes, I met Nigel Mansell at his museum on the island of Jersey.

Was a very nice man - and I got his autograph :) !

Altair

Staff member
Feb 12, 2022
I was friends with a few local athletes but nothing professional like the NBA professional yet.
I always thought growing that two basketball players I knew would be in the NBA. One star of his local high school team.
--
I have never met any professional athletes.

Fait

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 28, 2021
I always thought growing that two basketball players I knew would be in the NBA. One star of his local high school team.

I have never met any professional athletes.
I was the same, knew one guy that was very good but his not in my life now so did what he does.